Muriwai Beach is a favourite place of mine to visit when I need to reset. This particular night, there was a very heavy swell which made the coast resemble a large washing machine. I took the shot with my 70-200mm zoom in order to avoid being swamped by the large waves rolling in. Muriwai has a sad history of fishermen being washed from the rocks in front of the Gannet colony, so that area is best to be avoided at high tide or during large swells.
Photo was shot with a Nikon D750.
Buying a print
We offer two finishing options: Canvas Print and Framed.
Our canvas prints are printed and stretched by the team at a Fine Art Studio based in Auckland. This is not your cheap canvas print that you might get from other services. They manage the process to get the absolute best colour reproduction and longevity from the canvas print. Please note that a very small part of the image is wrapped around the edge.
Gallery grade photo print, mounted on a 4cm thick matte board. Finished with your choice of pearl-white or graphite-black custom frame. All framed prints include a 4cm thick acid-free matte board. The acid-free white core matte board will not fade or yellow over many years of exposure to light.
- Black Frame 12 x 8" (300 x 200mm) - $170.00
- Black Frame 18 x 12" (450 x 300mm) - $196.00
- Black Frame 24 x 16" (600 x 400mm) - $269.00
- White Frame 12 x 8" (300 x 200mm) - $192.00
- White Frame 18 x 12" (450 x 300mm) - $208.00
- White Frame 24 x 16" (600 x 400mm) - $280.00
- Canvas Print 18 x 12" (457 x 304mm) - $279.00
- Canvas Print 30 x 20" (762 x 508mm) - $408.00
- Canvas Print 45 x 30" (1143 x 762mm) - $584.00
- Canvas Print 60 x 40" (1524 x 1016mm) - $799.00